Go To Great Panes, Kathryn Maloney ©2009
|Visit our Etsy shop: GoTo|
If you don’t know what Google Base is, start here: What is Google Base?
- If you used the Let’s Ets method to create your data feed, you can’t use the scheduler. Try the Etsy RSS method if you’d like to use the scheduler. Be sure to start at step 1 of the tutorial to change appropriate account settings–it won’t work without the changes.
- None: That’s what your feed will say until it starts processing. You need to wait for your feed’s “scheduled time to upload” to pass before anything will show. It usually starts processing soon after that time, though for some folks the time goes by and nothing happens, but some time over the next 24 hours their feed does finally get uploaded. Google Base Problem: Right now there seem to be an issue on Google Base delaying the first upload up to 24 hours for the Let’s Ets method, up to a week with the RSS method, and subsequent uploads even longer. Posted 06/19/09
- You’ll know if Google Base processed the file because it will say the date and time of processed files (and either success or failed) in the “Last upload date & status” column on the data feeds page. You can also receive notices by email using the settings on this page: http://base.google.com/base/basicsettings
- Sometimes the page doesn’t update the feed status automatically–and you’re looking at a cached page. Try hitting refresh to see if that changes the upload status after the scheduled time has passed.
- You can also check the “active items” link to see if anything has been uploaded yet. Your items will show there if the feed uploaded successfully.
- If you have more than 1 Etsy shop or also have a website or other venue that uses Google Base, you’ll need separate accounts or a multi-client account–see here for more on that: Multiple Etsy Shops on Google Base
# 3: My feed processed but shows a 0 items inserted message!